Sunday, September 17, 2006

Wirework - practising for FSOJ





I am all signed up for the Four Seasons of Jewellery 2006/07, I am excited but a bit nervous although 1 piece a week shouldn't be a problem but keeping to the themes might. I know the themes are optional but I do want to try & stick to them as a way of improving my design skills. I have participated in 2 challenges on the Bead & Button forum & have found sticking to someone elses guidelines both challenging & a great learning experience, knowing that my pieces will be posted in a gallery with others by very talented people does seem to make me try new things & think a bit more about the design so hopefully I will build on that with FSOJ.

I mostly use beadweaving techniques & the FSOJ is an offshoot of the creative wire jewelry forum so I have been practising with wire, here are some of the results.

No comments: