Monday, August 13, 2007

Bead Embroidered Heart



I know it's a bit shocking for me to post two days in a row but I'm cheating, I've taken photo's of a few things while we had the light and I am going to eek them out so I have a few posts lined up. Planning ahead is generally not my thing, but I'll try almost anything once!

It's hard to avoid bead embroidery on the net at the moment what with the Bead Journal Project participants producing such beautiful pages, I haven't managed to view that many of them yet(there are hundreds of participants) and The Lone Beaders Banksy Car, which is the coolest thing ever, check it out if you haven't seen it yet, links to the right.

I wanted to practise my stitching so I sketched a simple heart shape to bead, It was fun to just bead without a pattern & I learnt from it. I am now beading an alien face like the one in my banner, it's a bit trickier 'cos the mistakes really show up but i am still really enjoying it.

Sarah.

2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

Your heart is fab! i love the design. It takes alotta time to stitch in circles, doesn't it? Keep up the good work.

Also, thanks for mentioning me. Glad U like my new piece:)

Sarah said...

Yes the circles took ages, worth it though, thanks! Who could not love your latest? It's brill!