Saturday, August 18, 2007

Crystal Rosette Bracelet




The weather is terrible here, raining & very bleurgh, so I am blaming that for the terrible pictures of this lovely bracelet I just finished yesterday. The medallions are based on Marcia DeCoster's crystal flowerette earrings. It combined 2 of my favourite things to do, making small components to create a larger piece & using up leftovers from other projects, I have another planned using black seed bead & some fancy finish swars, hopefully I can get that done this weekend. I am still trying to decide on what my next embroidery project should be, a cupcake or a bird, any ideas?

Sarah.

4 comments:

Christina J. said...

I love how your bracelet turned out! I often take components from bracelets and make them into earrings; great idea to make something from earrings into a bracelet!

It's also rather rainy and bleurgh here in Illinois. We planted a river birch tree yesterday in our front yard, so I shouldn't complain - it needs the water!

The Lone Beader® said...

I always blame the weather... :)

Unknown said...

I love this bracelet. Very 'French' inspired. I tend to shy away from making pieces where I need to connect small components.Weird, since beading is all about connection, non? ;)

mmmmmmmmmmmm, CUPCAKE!

Sarah said...

Christina - thanks! I hope the weather picked up there too, it's lovely here today, hope your tree is thriving!
LB - You know us Brits, the weather is to blame for everything!

Jewels - thanks, I love the french look, they use such rich colour combinations, this was completely by accident for me, I hope I can do it again! Yep, I think its going to have to be a cupcake, at least the beaded type is non-fat!